[Jack-Devel] ?==?utf-8?q? Jack will not start

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Thu Dec 21 22:52:46 CET 2017

Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2017 22:25 CET, Joe Frey <frey at radioles.com> schrieb:

> Hello there, I was using Jack until last month. Tried to start it today
> and nothing. Any ad vice would be appreciated. Tx. JoeF.

>From the log you sent:

 ATTENTION: The playback device "hw:0" is already in use. Please stop the application
 using it and run JACK again

Jackd needs exclusive access. Some process/program is using your soundcard and
this blocks jackd from using it. Stop that process and try again.
You can find out what program uses the device by running:

 fuser -uv /dev/snd/controlC0

HTH, Ralf Mattes