[Jack-Devel] Cannot combine audio devices with more than 64 channels

Jörg Müller joerg.mueller7744 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:16:46 CET 2017

So the bug has been fixed on the alsa-side. However, when I start jack via:

wfs at wfs16:~$ jackd -p 1024 -d alsa -C madifx_record_all -P madifx_playback_all
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio0
creating alsa driver ...
madifx_playback_all|madifx_record_all|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit float little-endian
ALSA: use 8 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit float little-endian
ALSA: use 8 periods for playback
jackd: ../linux/alsa/JackAlsaDriver.cpp:122: virtual int
Jack::JackAlsaDriver::Attach(): Assertion `fCaptureChannels < 256'
failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

The corresponding cpp-file at that line compares against a variable
called "DRIVER_PORT_NUM", which is a constant defined in
"common/JackConstants.h" on line 53 on the github repo. Could that be
the problem?