[Jack-Devel] Thread realtime priority

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Mon Jan 9 20:54:26 CET 2017

On 01/09/2017 10:20, Adrian Knoth wrote:
> You can always run without realtime priorities (-r or --no-realtime).
>

> I'm surprised FreeBSD doesn't use PAM to allow users to call SCHED_FIFO.
> You're sure about this?

It doesn't appear to be the case. PAM is user-level, and this checking
is kernel-level. I am not sure how this can be even done.

In any case, I submitted the pull request for using the process realtime
priority when available: https://github.com/jackaudio/jack1/pull/60

And my other statement about using sched_get_priority_max/min was wrong,
I misread the code, sorry.

However, it still isn't clear where does the value 10 come from.

Yuri