[Jack-Devel] Cannot combine audio devices with more than 64 channels

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Jan 23 14:31:53 CET 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 01:57:09PM +0100, Jörg Müller wrote:

> I need to combine two HDSPe MADI FX cards to one virtual device. I have a

Fancy!

> For combining the MADI FX cards to one virtual device, I created an
> .asoundrc with 194 inputs for each card. When I start that virtual device

You can (and probably should) ask this again on the ALSA ML if you want
to do it via ALSA virtual devices. The other option is to have jack open
both cards:

   https://github.com/jackaudio/jack1/commit/40b01cc3691f25840b40432ec16fd312dbfbd365

I have never tried it, but in theory, you just add -A 2ndALSAname to the
command line and be done.

Not sure how much documentation is available for this on the internet,
but might be worth trying.

Cheers

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver