[Jack-Devel] Cannot combine audio devices with more than 64 channels

Jörg Müller joerg.mueller7744 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:19:14 CET 2017

Thanks for your answer!

In your first mail, you write
> Zita-ajbridge will detect the relative period phases, and insert
buffering so as to ensure that the difference in latency is always the same.
That sounds to me like the two cards get additional latency, but it will be
exactly the same so their outputs remain in correct phase.

However, in your second mail, you write:
> Without resampling the samples will not be modified, but the latency of
the two cards will not be the same (but the difference will be repeatable).
That sounds like the very opposite.

So will there be any additional latency when using zita? Can it be
configured to be the same for all cards? Could the latency be configured to
something minimal like 64 samples?