[Jack-Devel] Fwd: hi from MONGOLIA

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:56:28 CET 2017

Hi Ganaa,

On 27 January 2017 at 17:10, ganaa tomor <ganaa0323 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a some question about JJack – Using the JACK Audio Connection Kit
> with Java.
>
> i can't run it from source code using Netbeans (Java editor).
> can you send me video tutorial how to run this JJack tutorial ?
>
> my purpose is to get data from midi keyboard using Rasbian (Raspberry pi OS
> )
> is it possible ?

JJack is a dead project - you'd have to compile the native libs
specifically for ARM, and it uses some deprecated functionality.  I'm
not sure it ever supported MIDI either?

Check out JNAJack, which should work OK on Raspbian, although I
haven't tested it.

https://github.com/jaudiolibs/jnajack

There's a binary JAR under releases.  You'll also need JNA -
https://github.com/java-native-access/jna

There are examples of usage for JNAJack, including a MIDI example, at

https://github.com/jaudiolibs/examples/tree/master/src/main/java/org/jaudiolibs/examples

Best wishes,

Neil

--