[Jack-Devel] Jack won't start on boot

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 8 19:54:41 CEST 2017

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 20:37:51 +0300, alex wrote:
>On 07/08/2017 08:30 PM, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>> Maybe you need a sleep to make sure that jack is really running
>> before you start pd?
>But the script runs fine when launched manually. It's just that jack
>won't run on boot.

If you start jackd at boot, you start it for the very first time. If
you start jackd after that from command line, it's already in the cache
and might launch faster. I don't think it's the culprit, but it
explains that running software for the first time does take longer, than
starting it for the second time.