[Jack-Devel] Jack won't start on boot

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Jul 9 05:03:22 CEST 2017

Am 08.07.2017 um 22:13 schrieb alex:

> On 07/08/2017 11:05 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:11:31 +0300, alex wrote:
>>> I've tried launching it with cron
>> With cron and an init script? There still could be a race condition,
>> even if you added "killall -9".
> Don't know, the only two ways I know of launching stuff on boot is
> either via cron and rc.local. I'm no Linux guru so there's probably
> stuff I'm ignorant of.

I would go for a systemd service to do that, given that you distro is
systemd based.

[Unit]
Description=JACK startup on boot.
After=sound.target

[Service]
User=USERNAME
Environment="XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/USERID"
ExecStart=path/to/your/script

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

were USERNAME needs to be replaced with your username, and USERID with
your ID, get it with

id -u $(logname)

then save the file into

/usr/lib/systemd/system/jack.service