[Jack-Devel] Jack won't start on boot

alex adrcki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 12:55:26 CEST 2017

On 07/09/2017 12:48 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 05:03:22 +0200, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>> I would go for a systemd service to do that, given that you distro is
>> systemd based.
> Hi,
>
> since we nicer know what distro the OP does use, nor what init process,
> the OP should consider to run the commands I already mentioned.
I did mention the OS in the OP
>   ls -l /?bin/init
This gives the following:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 194844 jul 18  2014 /sbin/init
> shows what is used.
>
>    ls -l /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator
This gives the following:
ls: cannot access /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator:
No such file or directory
> might show if it's a hybrid, systemd + init scripts.
>
>    cat /etc/*{release,version,issue}
This threw a lot of information that's too much to post here. Should I
run something more specific? Should I replace "release", "version",
"issue" with something?
> should show what distro is used and maybe what release. There are more
> advanced commands, depending on the distro. On Ubuntu e.g. running
>
>    lsb_release -irc
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    14.04
Codename:    trusty

I know it's an old distribution of Ubuntu, but the Odroid-U3 is now
obsolete and I'm not sure I'd like to upgrade to a newer version since
almost everything works now in my project. Jack not launching on boot is
the last issue I have to solve.