[Jack-Devel] homepage(s) and download links

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Fri May 5 21:53:27 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Jeffrey Long <isorhythmic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I couldn't agree more. I posted a message to asking about the download
> links on April 12. Nobody ever responded to me.
>
> In the meantime, I just checked, and those bad dropbox links still exist
> on the jack website.
>
> Really guys?
>
> Since I and others have inquired about the download links, you guys have
> wasted no time answering someone's query's about using a Macbook with the
> latest MacOS.

I guess the reason no one replying to you is that this question have been
asked and answered many many times already. A quick google search would
have given you the answer.

> With all due respect, this project is a joke -- plus, once I finally did
> manage to find the download links and install it, it didn't work on my
> system (W7 64 bit). I wouldn't dream of even attempting to get help on this
> list.
>
> Again, what a joke: this is the reason open source software will never
> catch on. You guys just don't care.

I think you would most certainly got help if you had asked. The trouble
with the home page of jack does not extend to the community of jack users.
I don't know what the thing is with the home page, but it seems like no one
owns it anymore (that might not be the actual reason though, it just looks
that way).