[Jack-Devel] How does --hwmon work?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat May 6 11:27:31 CEST 2017

On Sat, 6 May 2017 11:10:26 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sat, 06 May 2017 10:41:53 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>>A separated mixing console takes a whole lot more space than a
>>nanoKontrol if you are trying to get to a conference by train.
>
>A harp takes less space than a drum kit. Use the luggage check-in
>instead of handluggage or simply use a van. IOW you need to do what's
>appropriate for you business. It also might be possible to not to take
>the drum kit or mixing console with you, but to borrow one at the
>location where you need it. If you fly from Germany to the USA, you
>usually don't take your car with you, you usually would borrow one from
>rent-a-car.

PS:

When I was for orchestra recordings in Berlin, the broadcasting company
did use their own recording halls, but borrowed an audio recording
studio van from France and fly in the audio engineer from the USA. Some
things simply can't be done with a KORG nanoKONTROL and a computer.
Your one-man show approach is unusual, audio engineering usually is done
by a team and with equipment that doesn't fit into handluggage.

The studio-in-a-box is very good, but the size as well as the price
limits a few things.