[Jack-Devel] How does --hwmon work?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat May 6 12:48:23 CEST 2017

On Sat, 6 May 2017 10:00:41 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 11:27:31AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Some things simply can't be done with a KORG nanoKONTROL
>> and a computer.
>
>For anything non-trivial, just count the number of mic stands and
>kilometers of cable you'll need and then work out if that fits in
>your cabin luggage :-)

Exactly!

So my guess is, that David does something more or less simply that
requires hardware monitoring, hence hdspmixer with it's 8 presets for
most of us, would be all we need. Neither the old, nor the new KORG
nanoKONTROL provides much scenes and channels, so it anyway wouldn't be
comfortable to use a nanoKONTROL to do the main mix, as well as the
monitoring. However, we don't now what he wants to do, that requires
hardware monitoring, so it's just guessing.

Regards,
Ralf