[Jack-Devel] mismatching 32/64 bit makes raw Alsa Midi emulation unhappy

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue May 23 19:42:37 CEST 2017

David Nielson <david at naptastic.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2017-05-23 at 09:37 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> Also, on my computer the 32-bit Jackd seems unhappy with a 64-bit
>> kernel
>> when using raw Alsa Midi emulation:
>>

> For God's sake, if you're going to change subjects, change subject
> lines.
>
> Why are you running a 32-bit jackd with a 64-bit kernel, and why would
> you expect it to work?

Why wouldn't I expect it to work?  Everything else works.  Without
running a 64-bit kernel I would not be able to occasionally compile,
test and debug 64-bit executables on a 32-bit system.  Well, I'd be able
to compile them.  But to test/debug stuff, you need a kernel that will
save/restore all of the 64-bit state.

--
David Kastrup