[Jack-Devel] Will development on Jack for Windows be continuing ?

Michael Z Freeman michael-jack-devel at michaelzfreeman.org
Mon Apr 30 21:41:55 CEST 2018

Hi,

I've found Jack on Windows to be very good. But its quite limited with
only 4 channels. It's actually allowed me to setup, after many problems
with other methods, a way of having vinyl timecode control into Mixxx
through Jack with good latency (8.71ms, Mixxx recommended <10ms). I can
also route a single stereo channel from Reaper into Mixxx Aux input. The
setup runs very well and I've had no underuns or audio artefacts so far.
So I'm actually very impressed with what Jack can do on Windows but the
last release seems to have been in 2016 and I don't see any mention of
adding further audio channels beyond the already existing 4.

So are there plans for further releases ? Or maybe I'm missing any forked
versions for windows that may be out there?

Cheers and thanks for Jack !

Michael Z Freeman