[Jack-Devel] Jack and thunderbolt

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Sat Dec 8 05:30:05 CET 2018

> Please reply to the mailing list and don't top-post.
>
> That is probably a misunderstanding. The Presonus and the Focusrite 2nd
> gen USB devices don't provide access to the device's internal routing
> when using it with a Linux machine. They are class compliant and don't
> need individual drivers. Sound devices that aren't class compliant need
> an individual driver and there might be access to the device's internal
> routing, as there is for some RME audio devices, when using the Linux's
> hdspmixer wich is similar to RME's totalmix,
> http://www.rme-audio.de/en/support/techinfo/hdsp_totalmix_software.php.
>
> Monitoring without latency means, that you could route the input
> channels, directly to the output channels. IOW if you connect a
> microphone, you could listen to the unprocessed signal without latency,
> it's not the signal processed by your Linux machine.

Thank you for the explanation.
That answers most of my questions very nicely, even ones I havent asked
yet.

reply do not list the usergroup address but the poster so this will
happen every now and then.
It involves reply all then remove the to: address and cut and paste the
cc (which is the group address) into to: it is the way the group
software adds addresses.
the group address should ideally be in the reply-to and not a cc, but I
will do the abovementioned workaround.