[Jack-Devel] Sudden Pulseaudio Faulure reported due to jack

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sun Dec 23 20:01:35 CET 2018

On Sun, December 23, 2018 2:27 am, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:
> W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot connect to server
> socket err = No such file or directory<
> W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot connect to server
> request channel<

Do you need jackd and jack-sink module running at that point?  I am not
sure I understand from your question if you want the jack-sink feature
running automatically when you start, or if you only want PulseAudio to
not crash.
If the latter then there should be a configuration file setting that is
causing the jack-sink module to be loaded, you should able to remove that
setting.

In the fedora default configuration file for pulse, it checks to see if
jackd is present before loading the module:

### Automatically connect sink and source if JACK server is present
.ifexists module-jackdbus-detect.so
.nofail
load-module module-jackdbus-detect channels=2
.fail
.endif

I cannot tell from the error messages whether the problem is jackd is not
running when expected, or if jackd is running but for some reason Pulse
cannot make a connection.
--
Chris Caudle