[Jack-Devel] MacOS support

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 23:01:03 CET 2018

On 01.02.2018 22:18, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Thu, February 1, 2018 1:24 pm, Stéphane Letz wrote:
>> I've built JackOSX 0.92_b3 on the now died G5 machine.
> Then I refer back to my previous message, shipping an old version forever
> is not sustainable, jackd on Mac users who want support going forward from
> now need to recruit Mac developers to help, or at least get together and
> buy a Mac for falktx to use.

No need to get me a Mac, I already have a new MacBook from the company
that I can use (temporarily) and a Mac-mini myself.
(I also have macOS in a VM for quick stuff)

In my view, JACK will always be focused on more open platforms first.

For macOS, new builds will be handled with waf instead of XCode.
But won't be a priority at first, there's some cleanup and handling of
the code that I think needs to be done first,
which doesn't change the end result much so no new binaries really
required for now.