[Jack-Devel] Midi out no longer showing up in patch bay

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Thu Feb 8 19:50:42 CET 2018

On Thu, February 8, 2018 12:29 pm, lowkeyoutlaw wrote:
> Could there be something I'm doing or not doing that is preventing Jack
> from seeing the MPC midi out?

Are you starting jack before starting Mixbus?  I'm not sure if Windows
allows sharing MIDI devices or not, if you start Mixbus first maybe it
attempts to take control of the MPC and doesn't allow jack to use it.

I'm still a little confused about the MPC showing up in Mixbus, but not
being usable without making a connection in jack.  Part of the confusion
is probably my lack of experience with jack on Windows, I use jack on
Linux, the behavior is a little different there because of the difference
in the audio driver behavior.

Are you starting jack from a command shell or from some graphical tool?
If you start from a command shell you could copy and paste the exact
command you use to start jackd.exe and then the text printed by jackd as
it starts, that would help determine what devices jackd actually detects
and uses.

--
Chris C