[Jack-Devel] MacOS support

Thomas Brand tom at trellis.ch
Sat Feb 17 12:08:31 CET 2018

On Fri, February 2, 2018 11:40, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> - JackRouter could be used by any CoreAudio application and also *be
> selected as the audio default device* in the OS X system (so to be used
> be applications like iTunes or Quicktime) up to OS X 10.8 (or 10.9, not
> sure anymore..). This « JackRouter as the default audio device »  broke
> at that time, for several technical reasons. One is that Apple decided to
> progressively raise their security model (sandbox model...whatever), and
> second was that the JackRouter driver model become obsolete. It would
> have to be entirely rewritten with the new recommended CoreAudio
> user-land driver model. I never had time to really estimate if the new
> model could 1) fit with JACK server/client model and all the needs in
> low-level OS primitives like sockets, shared memory, process
> synchronization.. 2) could really solve the « JackRouter use when
> selected as the audio default device » issue.
>
> - I had to solve a specific issue in 10.10 (I think ?) when mach
> semaphore primitive could not be used anymore, and we have to switch to
> Posix Semaphore. After this change JACK2 continued to work up to 10.13
> High Sierra, but without this «  JackRouter as the audio default device »
> . This last development is now in JackOSX 0.92_b3.

Hi Stéphane,
JackOSX 0.92_b3 works nicely on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.
I'd like to try to compile that same package.
I found
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jackosx/files/JackOSX/ it lists files up to
v 0.89 (2011-12-17).
Where could i find the latest source code for JackPilot and JackRouter /
JackOSX 0.92_b3?
Best regards
Thomas