[Jack-Devel] Using USB sound card with Jack

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Jan 16 22:53:54 CET 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 04:36:54PM +0000, Benny Alexandar wrote:

> I want to test how zita-ajbridge behaves when there is a drift in clock.

It will just track the drift and compensate for it.

> Any idea how to artificially create clock drift for testing purpose.

You don't need to, no two sound cards will have exactly the
same sample rate if they are not synced.

The simple way to test ajbridge is to measure the delay
of a loop through both soundcards, using e.g. jack_delay.

There are some test results in the LAC paper as well.

Ciao,

--
FA