[Jack-Devel] AES67 / SMPTE ST 2110-30

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jan 17 19:22:19 CET 2018

On Wed, January 17, 2018 7:56 am, zmlopez wrote:
> More links about ptp support in gstreamer:

One thing which is not clear to me is what would happen if more than one
piece of software is attempting to capture PTP packets.  For example, say
the machine is running linuxptp to synchronize the system clock to ptp,
what happens when you load the gstreamer ptp module?  Does the gstreamer
module not get any ptp packets?  Or starts stealing from the linuxptp?  Or
both linuxptp and gstreamer get the same packets?

The linuxptp implementation can use the timestamp capability of the NIC,
before I go off and dig through the gstreamer source, anyone know if
gstreamer will do that as well?

--
Chris Caudle