[Jack-Devel] Usage feasibility Q

Robert Bielik Robert.Bielik at dirac.com
Tue Jan 30 18:21:26 CET 2018

> 2. recompile jack2 without dbus support

Ok, so I've compiled/installed jack2 without dbus support, and I'm now running jackd on a RT patched Raspbian Stretch (https://github.com/guysoft/RealtimePi)

And it seems to work wonderfully, no problem reaching buffer sizes below 1 ms. Happy joy!

I start jack with:

sudo jackd -P70 -d alsa -r 48000 -p 64 &
sudo jack_wait --wait --timeout 10
sudo jack_connect system:capture_1 system:playback_1
sudo jack_connect system:capture_2 system:playback_2

I need sudo, otherwise allocation of shared memory + realtime prio setting fails.

And then I've setup the ALSA JACK PCM plugin, but to use aplay I need to use sudo aswell:

sudo aplay -D pcm.jack /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

Is there a way to set this up so sudo is not needed?

Regards
/R