[Jack-Devel] Usage feasibility Q

Robert Bielik Robert.Bielik at dirac.com
Tue Jan 30 18:45:53 CET 2018

> Make sure, that the user which starts jackd is allowed to raise the real
> time priority and memlock address space.
>
> In this case, the user has to be in the @jackuser group to be able to
> raise the priority.

Thanks, I thought it would something like that, Ok I'll have to figure out how to do it on Raspbian.

> What error message do you get without sudo? Maybe your user has to be in
> the "audio" group (or similar).

The error is:
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
aplay: main:788: audio open error: No such file or directory

And the "pi" user seems to be in audio group:
> groups
pi adm dialout cdrom sudo audio video plugdev games users input netdev gpio i2c spi

Running with sudo plays audio just fine.

Regards,
/Robert