[Jack-Devel] Capture problems with jack2 on Axia-Alsa device

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 11:42:57 CET 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Christian Affolter <
c.affolter at purplehaze.ch> wrote:

> Yes, it's a proprietary driver and I don't have access to the source
> code. I could contact the vendor and ask if they observed the same or a
> similar issue already.
> However, I'm wondering what arecord and jackd-dummy/alsa_in are doing
> different compared to jackd-alsa.

Sorry if this is not relevant (I'm not quite following what's happening),
but could
it be that the difference can be explained by different alsa paremeters set
by arecord and jack? Have you tried to run "arecord -L" and find the most
low-level device to record from (which jack probably uses).

For instance by running something like "arecord -D iec958:CARD=M2496,DEV=0"
(my soundcard).

If that is the case, then it's probably the default alsa device that does
something magic
when accessing a more low-level device.