[Jack-Devel] Usage feasibility Q

Robert Bielik Robert.Bielik at dirac.com
Wed Jan 31 15:09:11 CET 2018

> I have now a working architecture pretty much exactly what I set out for. I
> can now start implementing the DSP in a jack client 😊

Hmm... that said, I've now encountered a weird problem, when I startup the Pi from powered-down state (jack is started in /etc/rc.local with user "pi"), log in via putty I can access the jack server with jack_lsp f.i.

Then I quit putty, and after a while log in again and try jack_lsp, then I get:

pi at realtimepi:~ $ jack_lsp -c
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock

The server is still running, because I can hear the streaming of audio, and ps -A lists it. What gives ?

I've documented how the setup looks here http://forum.audioinjector.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2727&e=1&view=unread#p5749

Regards
/Robert