[Jack-Devel] ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? ?= Usage feasibility

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 31 18:38:34 CET 2018

Am Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018 18:11 CET, Robert Bielik <Robert.Bielik at dirac.com> schrieb:

> Solved! It seems to be a systemd setting!!

Oh dear! Here I have a reply mail sitting open on my desktop for quite a while since I wasn't shure
whether suggesting to look into systemd would be too rude (o.k. - my chosen language in that mail
is rather harsh). I remembered vaguely that stupid (imho) idea to kill all user-stated processes at logout
(way cool if you start a long-running simulation/analysis job over the weekend only to come back on
monday to find your job killed by systemd).
An extra set of facepalms goes to the systemd team for implementing a stoopid "feature" and then
doing even this completely wrong :-)
Sytemd is _not_ cleaning IPC at all (with ipcclean or ipcrm), it's removing the file system handle.
Nothing more. Isn't anyone terrified by trusting core system functinality into the hands of the
programmer equivalent of "Happy Tree Friends"?

<note-to-self>must remove this crap!</note-to-self>

Glad you fond it,

 RalfD