[Jack-Devel] Usage feasibility Q

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jan 31 21:58:19 CET 2018

On Wed, January 31, 2018 2:19 pm, David Kastrup wrote:
> Never mind.  Saw in another answer that systemd's idea of ending a user
> session is at fault.

One thing I don't quite get, according to the logind.conf man page, the
RemoveIPC setting as true will cause the shared resources to be removed
"when the user fully logs out," but does no define how "fully logs out" is
determined.  I would have thought that the user shell still running jackd
would cause "fully logged out" to evaluate to false.
Is there some quirk to how the shell is started from runuser that would
make logind determine the user was not actually logged in?  Maybe because
runuser was started from sudo and so did not login with a password?

--
Chris Caudle