[Jack-Devel] How to profile jack cpu load?

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Mon Jul 9 13:37:13 CEST 2018

On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 14:28:14 -0500
"Chris Caudle" <chris at chriscaudle.org> wrote:

> On Sun, July 8, 2018 1:57 pm, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> > JACK2 isn't really maintained anymore, but hopefully that
> > will change in the future.
>
> Many months back falkTX took on maintenance for both jackd v1 and
> jackd v2 code, so jack2 is maintained to the same extent as jack1.
> FalkTX previously posted plans for 2018, primarily clean up tasks
> like getting shared headers (i.e. shared between jack 1 and jack 2)
> fully working, porting the zita-ajbridge based clients from jack v1
> to jack v2, I think also porting in a2jmidid internal client to jack
> v2.  I have no idea how much progress has been made on those; I'm
> sure clean patches would probably be accepted.

That's why I wrote "isn't really maintained"..  I am aware that falktx
has taken on the maintainership, and hopefully the future will bring
improvements.

The point was that JACK2 even though it had a maintainer
before falktx was somewhat bit rotting and not getting any real
development, while JACK1 got updates as long as Paul was maintaining
it.

Just thought it was a possibility that profiling was also something not
working properly anymore.

I suppose I should have chosen other words to avoid misunderstanding :)

--

   Joakim