[Jack-Devel] How to profile jack cpu load?

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sat Jul 14 18:52:49 CEST 2018

On 07/14/2018 04:15 AM, John Rigg wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:41:28AM -0700, oleg68 wrote:
>> You are right. The problem was the conflict with the old jack libraries
>>
>> But .waf install with ldconfig did not help.
>
> You need to tell "./waf configure" to install jack over
> the existing jack package files. On Debian systems I use
> --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

I would not recommended that. Always a bad idea.
It will interfere with packaging.

/usr/local is the place where all user-built software
  should be installed.
Two versions of Jack can happily coexist - one in /usr
  and one in /usr/local. Only one can be active at a time
  of course. But it is easy to switch between them.
If you want to switch back to the packaged version simply
  uninstall your user-built version from /usr/local.

Thus I mentioned "sudo ldconfig" /may/ be sometimes
  required (I think it may have been with jack-1) so that
  the system can find (switch over to) the new libraries,
  to be able to immediately start using the new installation.

Tim.