[Jack-Devel] Will development on Jack for Windows be continuing ?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue May 1 15:27:21 CEST 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018 1:10 am, Stephane Letz wrote:
> (don't remember the details)

It seems that the details of Windows specific and OS X specific features
are not documented fully, or at least not collected together into an
easily accessible location.

I'm not sure how to fix the problem of matching incentives to interests
and capabilities for that.  Jack has been (I think) much more widely used
on linux than OS X or Windows, so the user base to find people willing to
contribute documentation, wiki updates, etc. is a lot smaller.

How important is cultivating the Windows and Mac user base for the health
of jack?  Should we care?  If we do care then how do we recruit some
caretakers for those platforms?  If we don't care, then should we start
marking those ports as only partially supported so users do not have
expectations that cannot be met?

--
Chris Caudle