[Jack-Devel] Linux Distro with Least problems with Jack

Holger Marzen holger at marzen.de
Fri Nov 30 08:04:27 CET 2018

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:

> 2) Please give me the best known in-depth tutorial on Jack that will get me up
> and running.

http://libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-%E2%80%93-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

is not bad.

> 3) Please suggest the best to your experience  visual connection interface
> application that works with jack, e.g. qjackctl etc etc.

Don't miss the non-visual connection interface "jack-plumbing". It has
to run permanently and connects/disconnects based on rules like:

(connect    "PortAudio:out_.*[13579]" "jack_mixer:JACK R")
(connect    "PortAudio:out_.*[02468]" "jack_mixer:JACK L")
(disconnect "PortAudio:out_.*" "jack_mixer:JACK .*")
(disconnect "PortAudio:out_.*" "system:playback_.*")

That's handy for clients whose ports only show up when playing, like
Audacity.