[Jack-Devel] Focusrite Scarlett USB interfaces: 48000 preferred over 44100?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Sep 23 20:06:08 CEST 2018

On 09/23/2018 07:14 PM, Holger Marzen wrote:

> Has anyone made the same experiences? With Scarletts? With other
> USB-Interfaces? Is jackd or ALSA optimized for multiples of 48000
> instead of 44100?

This applies to all USB1/2 class-compliant devices.

USB framing itself prefers 1ms boundaries (or USB2 micro-frames
125usec). See https://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=10707

There was a good in-depth explanation about this a few years ago on
either the LAD or LAU email-lists. If I remember correctly by Clemens
Ladisch, but I can't find it just now.

Cheers!
robin