[Jack-Devel] audioadapter: quality setting important when not changing sampling frequency?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat Sep 29 11:06:36 CEST 2018

Holger Marzen <holger at marzen.de> writes:

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2018, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Holger Marzen <holger at marzen.de> writes:
>>
>> > Then I wanted 2 additional outputs to feed my active speakers (Neumann
>> > KH120A plus KH805 sub). Because of my room's damping of the high
>> > frequencies (at least compared to my headphones AKG K812) I need an EQ
>> > before them. So I use a Scarlett 2i2 for this purpose, with CALF
>> > Jackhost and a Calf EQ feeding this outputs.
>>
>> This may sound defaitist but I'd lean towards just using an analog EQ
>> here.
>
> That was my first approach but I couldn't find an affordable stereo EQ.
> Most affordable devices are 2x15 or 2x31 and not 15 or 31 band stereo.
> I don't want to set the channels seperately.
>
>> > Now I have 2 audio interfaces that can't be synchronized with a
>> > wordclock cable.

While it does not apply to either the Scarlett 2i2 or Scarlett 2i4,
quite a few audio cards that cannot be synchronized with a wordclock
cable can be brought to the same clock via an S/PDIF connection.

Just putting this in here in case someone with different hardware has a
similar problem.

--
David Kastrup