[Jack-Devel] I'm confused about latency

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Apr 6 15:47:35 CEST 2019

On 4/6/19 2:53 PM, Alexandre BIQUE wrote:

> I would be really interested to read the fix of Ableton Link's LinkHut
> with jack backend regarding latency compensation.

LinkHut only has playback/output ports and transmits time, right?

If so, simply query the output port's latency-range and use the max.
Then offset the timestamp to transmit by the output's latency  (send
future time so that by the time it arrives on the physical outputs a bit
later it's valid).

You may want to subscribe to jack's graph-order callback and update the
alignment when connections change..

HTH,
robin