[Jack-Devel] Sudden problem Jack refuses to start.

John Rigg jd at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 14:08:16 CEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 04:13:05PM -0400, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:
> I get the following, would you mind to help me interprate this as I do
> not see how I can change the jack string with this info.
>
> /proc/asound$ grep -r -i 1818 *
> card1/midi0:AudioBox 1818 VSL

The card number corresponds to the hw: number.
This is card 1, so use -hw:1, eg.:
jackd -dalsa -hw:1 -r44100 -p512 -n8

I notice you also have an M-Audio USB interface plugged in.
I wonder if the two USB audio devices are sometimes detected
in the wrong order. This could happen if one of them becomes
inactive and needs re-plugging, for example.

It may be simpler for troubleshooting purposes to leave the
M-Audio device unplugged (which may change the card number
of the 1818 so you'll need to check it again).

John