[Jack-Devel] Sudden problem Jack refuses to start.

John Rigg jd at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 14:25:16 CEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 04:13:05PM -0400, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:
> Alsa UG is basically dead, and dont resp-ond.
> I have contacted them about the clock sour issue and not a single post
> on the ug for months now.
> I guess it is time to get rid of alsa. Hope something else comes along.

ALSA is the linux kernel audio subsystem and it isn't going
away in the foreseeable future.

Most ordinary users of ALSA probably use linux-audio-users
list nowadays. The alsa-devel list is still very active.
Note that JACK doesn't have an active jack-users list
either, but the project is very much alive.

John