[Jack-Devel] Does alsa_in reading from SPDIF input inject pops and clicks?

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Fri Aug 9 02:18:32 CEST 2019

On 2019-08-08 19:56, crocket wrote:
> If I set the clock source of a USB soundcard to SPDIF, would the
> headphone jack of the USB soundcard conform to the SPDIF clock, too?
> Or, does the SPDIF clock source apply only to SPDIF In?

This is a question I also have and never got an answer for.
I had working spdif and I rely a lot on spdif, but it suddenly stopped
and I could never get it going again. 5 months pending post on alsa
group, no response asking exactly the same thing. LAU also blank.

I know my post is slightly against the rules as it can be viewed as an
Atta Boy, but if it helps motivating someone in the know to explain this
I think we will be both very pleased.
At the moment with alsa SPDIF I get a "clock sour" error message and no
way to sort it out.
Your question lies at the heart of that, as I can maybe use a different
clock source to get spdif to work again.