[Jack-Devel] Does alsa_in reading from SPDIF input inject pops and clicks?

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Fri Aug 9 04:05:14 CEST 2019

On 2019-08-08 21:18, crocket wrote:
> I suspect SPDIF clock sour means that either SPDIF out or SPDIF in is
> not of high quality and you need better sound cards for both SPDIF out
> and SPDIF in.

It still works on AVLinux on the exact same machine, which is the only
good thing I can say about AV.
As soon as I boot into my main MXLinux distro spdif doesnt work on the
same machine.
Therefore it cannot be hardware issues.
It is clearly a problem with Alsa or USB layer.
But whatis causing it5?

I use a lot of spdif as it clears up a lot of cable clutter elegantly.