[Jack-Devel] Does alsa_in reading from SPDIF input inject pops and clicks?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Aug 9 04:29:06 CEST 2019

On Thu, August 8, 2019 6:56 pm, crocket wrote:
> If I set the clock source of a USB soundcard to SPDIF, would the headphone
> jack of the USB soundcard conform to the SPDIF clock, too?
> Or, does the SPDIF clock source apply only to SPDIF In?

You would have to check the documentation for your particular interface,
but in most cases yes, the digital to analog converter for the headphone
jack would share a single clock domain with the rest of the audio
interface.  Typically and audio interface will have only one clock source
active for the entire interface.  That does not have to be the case, but
in almost every instance that is what is most useful, so every interface I
have seen works that way.

--
Chris Caudle