[Jack-Devel] When netone jack backend is connected to jack_netsource, zita-ajbridge crashes.

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sun Aug 18 20:50:39 CEST 2019

On Sun, August 18, 2019 7:17 am, crocket wrote:
> After starting netone jack backend, zita-a2j, and zita-j2a, I started
> jack_netsource.

If you did that all on the same jack server you are starting up
incorrectly.  The jack server should be started with netjack backend on
the slave, then jack_netsource on the master jack server (i.e. t he jack
server running the ALSA backend).
See:
https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/WalkThrough_User_NetJack

    Start JACK on the master machine as you usually do (using a JACK
controler like qjackctl, pyjackctl, or on the command line)
    Start JACK with the net backend on the slave machine
    jackd -R -d net
    or for jack2
    jackd -R -d netone
    For jack1: Remember not to connect any clients to the slave JACK until
we've connected both machines ! This limitation is gone with jack2,
however, some clients might crash, when jack is changing the buffer
size.
    Launch 'jack_netsource' on the master JACK to connect your slave:
    jack_netsource -H <slave jack hostname>

--
Chris Caudle