[Jack-Devel] 回复: windows

1213729945 1213729945 at qq.com
Thu Jan 10 03:34:31 CET 2019

Can you give me a example?
Thank you very much.

From: "Chris Caudle"<chris at chriscaudle.org>;
Date: 2019年1月9日(星期三) 晚上11:19
To: "1213729945"<1213729945 at qq.com>;
Cc: "Phil Rhodes"<phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com>; "jack-devel"<jack-devel at jackaudio.org>;
Subject: Re: [Jack-Devel] 回复:  windows

On Wed, January 9, 2019 5:20 am, 1213729945 wrote:
> I want to read the time code from the audio pin on windows system which is
> connected with the timecode generator TENTACLE

Why do you want to use jack?  There should be plenty of examples of how to
read audio data from a Windows audio device.

> How can we get the timecode via Jack ?

You can only get the audio data via jack, you would still have to derive
the timecode from the audio.
Robin, aka X42, wrote a library for dealing with timecode, as well as
command line utilities for extracting timecode from audio files.
https://github.com/x42
https://github.com/x42/libltc
https://github.com/x42/ltc-tools

They work on posix style systems like linux, you could probably get them
running on Windows with cygwin or mingw or similar.  Or just run linux
instead of Windows, a lot of distributions have those tools ready to use.

--
Chris Caudle