[Jack-Devel] About using Jack audio connection kit with thunderbolt connection

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Mon Jan 14 15:00:29 CET 2019

On Sun, January 13, 2019 10:14 pm, 김영석 wrote:
> I was wondering if there would be any difficulties for
> using a device connected to PC via thunderbolt 3 with
> Jack audio connection kit.

Jack audio server does not access the audio devices directly, it uses the
operating system drivers.  As long as your audio device has drivers the
audio device should work.
You did not say which operating system you use, ALSA on Linux, CoreAudio
on MacOS, I think on Windows jack server uses the PortAudio library for
accessing the audio device, which can use more than one Windows API to
access the device.

--
Chris Caudle