[Jack-Devel] Volume much softer on Jack than on ALSA/PulseAudio?

Alyssa Vance alyssa at apprente.com
Tue Jul 16 02:28:24 CEST 2019

I'm running an ALSA -> PulseAudio -> Jack bridge setup on an Ubuntu 18.04
x86 laptop. Sound played via ALSA directly seems to be much louder than via
Jack, eg.:

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc freq=200 volume=1.0 ! alsasink

is much louder than

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc freq=200 volume=1.0 ! jackaudiosink

I've looked at every volume knob I can find (via alsamixer, qasmixer, pactl
list, etc.), and they're all at 100%. Does the PulseAudio -> Jack bridge
have a volume parameter hidden in a config file, or something like that?
Thanks.