[Jack-Devel] advice on xruns

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 29 09:52:16 CEST 2019

On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 08:35:54 +0200 (CEST), Holger Marzen wrote:
>You can get the samplerate with jack_samplerate.

Since alsamixer provides to chose between two slave "ADAT" and "SPDIF"
clock sources and the "internal" master clock source for the PreSonus
AudioBox 1818VSL, the OP might need to ensure that either the internal
clock is used or if an external clock is master, that the master does
provide the desired clock signal.

OT:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 09:14:13 +0200 (CEST), Holger Marzen wrote:
>and hardly any Windows user needs the 6478th EQ or compressor

I once registered with Moog, to get an in-app purchase for free as in
beer, but never got it. Some companies simply provide a link to a free
sample library after registration. However, a few companies provide very
excellent software, such as reverbs that are not just another crappy
Linux, Apple or Windows reverb. If a user wants to get the reverb, there
is no choice, they don't sell it, they only give it away if you
register.

I don't have a big problem with registration. I fear that in the future
we can't buy what we need anymore, we might need to rent it, that is a
way bigger problem to me.