[Jack-Devel] jack errors with firewire saffire pro 24, help please ?

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Sun Mar 3 23:24:15 CET 2019

Hi Lunatikos

On Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 07:47:04AM -0700, lunatikos wrote:
> now i got no system sound :
>
> when i listen radios in firefox, clementine, etc...

Are you intending to use the Saffire to produce the system sound, or do you
have another soundcard that you are using for that?  It appears that you
wish to send system sounds through the Saffire.  Please confirm to the list.

System sounds are delivered though pulseaudio via ALSA devices.  Your system
is now configured to use the Saffire only via jackd.  If you intend your
system sounds to go through the Saffire then this would be the reason you no
longer hear them.

> how i can do to got both Jack audio in my daw, and pulse audio in jack ?

There are several options I believe.  For example, I understand there is a
pulseaudio module which can be used to direct pulseaudio into jack but there
are other approaches too.  However, I do not run pulseaudio on my systems
which utilise jack so I have no experience in this area, nor do I know
which approach works best.  I'm sure others on the list will be able to help
with this.

If you don't receive many responses in this thread, perhaps post a new
message to the list with a revised subject: something like "sending
pulseaudio audio into jack", or "playing system sounds via jack".  Some
people who have no experience with firewire may be understandably skipping
this thread on the basis that it relates to firewire.  That issue is now
solved; the system sounds issue is a new topic so you would be justified in
posting a fresh message about it.

Regards
  jonathan