[Jack-Devel] Jack Problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Fri Mar 22 03:58:04 CET 2019

I really have perpetual problems with jack. It just stops fro no reason
I am aware of causing and go awol

All of my applications reports it cannot be started sudeeeeenly.

qjackctl reports the following.

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for
4294967295, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for
4294967295, skipping unlock

I realy wan to use jack, but it goes awol periodically.

Mixbus used to work great, but now mixbus cant start jack anymore.

Isnt there at least some for of user debug frontend for jack that can
point to the errors.
Jack is greast but hyper unfriendly and I am willing to learn, but it is
just a dustball of irrelevant information and nothing really sticks that
I can use.

If someone can help with a procedure so users can help themselves it
would be really nice to make jack a bit more user friendly.