[Jack-Devel] Jack Problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Tue Mar 26 07:53:06 CET 2019

Mixbus was the only reliable use I could get out of jack in the past,
but lets give up on that for now.

I have to killall -KILL jack and especially qjackctl a couple of times
until I get jack to start with qjackctl. It seems jack starts as I see
it as a process but qjackctl falsely reports it as not being started.
After a few kills it eventually sees it.
I will just start jack with a string as I did in the past and drop the
qjack thing, but for now I will try and use it.

I can confirm that I get sound out to the 1818VSL by using a Synthesizer
organ app.
SetBfree.
I can play keys and it is passed to the 1818vsl, however I have no
functional global volume controls as my keyboard mappings are not
recognized by jack or whatever now handles the mappings.
Its all raw maximum volume.

The output from qjackctl seems to indicate that setbfree uses jack.
02:47:49.435 JACK connection change.
02:47:49.752 JACK connection graph change.
Destination port in attempted (dis)connection of setBfree DSP Tonewheel
Organ:control and system:midi_capture_1 is not an input port

So does jack even have a mixer of some sort so I dont have to blow the
walls down with the default settings as it is now.?