[Jack-Devel] Remaining problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Tue Mar 26 16:07:38 CET 2019

To consolidate remaining problems

CONFIRMED: Jack routes output to 1818vsl properly. So outputs work.
I verified that sound can be sent to 1818vsl, therefore since I cannot
create any signal in mixbus, I asume that mixbus will be able to send
sound to the 1818vsl successfully as it is connected to the same working
port on jack that setbfree sent sound to the 1818vsl. So that test of
mine confirmed that jack does route correctly to 1818vsl
So in my case we do not have to discuss the output routing to the
interface. Jack seems to do that well.

1) I have to figure out why with jack started and inputs and outputs of
1818vsl connected to mixbus, no sound is received.
Any suggestion how I can test the routing of inputs on the 181vsl to
what jack routed ?

Here is my patchage setup as already reported
"http://grossmann-venter.com/issues/jack/patchage_status-01.png"

The 18 inputs of the 1818vsl is clearly made available and connedcted to
mixbus.
I want to connect some of them to something else I can monitor
independent from mixbus.

Anyone has a suggestion?
Ardour is not a good option, as mixbus is basically ardour with a skin.
I need to add something else to one of the 18 routes and send signal
from the 1818vsl and capture it with something.
Please suggest what you are using to attach to ports to test for data.
Thanks.

2) After (1) is solved etc, I need to get pulseaudio to work through
jack, but I will discuss that later. Without pulseaudio I will not have
any control of desktop sound as there is no volume control. E.g.
audacity blasts at full volume through jack as it by error starts with
full volume at startup..annoying and not pleasant.. So I will have to
route all those through pulseaudio at a later date once I have mixbus
working