[Jack-Devel] Uninstalled Pulseaudio Jack/jackd2 Jack Reinstalled still wont start.

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Tue Mar 26 16:38:10 CET 2019

On 2019-03-26 11:24, Christoph Kuhr wrote:
> Granted qjackctl and jackd have a rather shallow learning curve. But
> in my opinion, qjackctl is above all doubts. It works reliably for me
> for ten years now.
>
> Are you moving from windows? Maybe you need to rethink the signal
> procesding chain in linux?

No, gave up on windows in 1997 and used Linux since then.

> Whats more, Linux Mint for example every once in a while breaks
> qjackctl/jackd2 dependencies. Thus it is adviseable to compile all
> your audio stuff by yourself, except mixbus obviously...

I compile most what I do no problem there, but for Debian stretch it
doesnt seem necessary at all.

I used AVLinux, which unfortunately had a lot of other trouble that
became unresolveable and no functional usergroup although jack/mixbusd
did work there.

I moved to Debian Stretch, where I battle to get jack to run properly as
it did in AVlinux.