[Jack-Devel] Remaining problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Wed Mar 27 08:02:17 CET 2019

On 2019-03-27 00:57, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's not easy to help with that, since there not only is much talk
> about idiotic features jack should provide,

Hi Ralf. No problem I solved the Mixbus input problem a boatload of
others.

The big problem was qjackctl for me that has been putting me on a wild
goose chase for quite some time as almost everyone made it seem
indispensable which really did not work for me.

I have
1) pulseaudio routing to jack without qjackctl. Completely uninstalled
and never used.
1) Bluetooth with all my bluetooth devices working perfect.
2) all desktop audio
3) Mixbus working great now and I can route to both pulse if I want to
but default to Jack with no xruns at very low latency.
3) all applications now routed through either pulseaudio where it makes
sense (such as bluetooth) and other directly to jack.
4) I have 6 other midi devices audio routing perfectly.
5) I have my audio keyboard shortcuts running flawlessly using pulse.
6) and more.., such as adding a mixer to my jack outputs to the Main
181VSL output.

I dont understand the "idiotic" accusation. I just wanted to haver a
failsafe between the Main output and jack. It works great. I never
suggested to have all ports with volume controls, please read my posts.

I have a few outstanding problems, but they will be easily solved.

It all works brilliantly and my method is solid.

In order to document it in a repeatable deterministic way, I will
uninstall everything and then reinstall using my notes until everything
works after complete uninstalation and reinstallation  which makes sure
that the documentation is correct and accurate and repeatable. Just
documenting it makes no sense and results in an essay open for
interpretation. Essays are basically mostly what you get on the
internet. That is fine but they are generally not executable.

I hope it satisfies your concern about my uninstallation/reinstallation.
It has scientific merrit if you think of it. So I really dont understand
the concern.
This way I get a rugged document for at least Debian Stretch based on a
few complete install/reinstalls. I already did one, and will do the last
one after I fixed the few remaining problems.

I think you misinterpret what I try to do by your criticsm of me working
from a known reference by reinstallation. Document and reinstall
actually helped me to solve the problem easily in the end.

I must thank a lot of people helping me warts and all scraps and
scruffs, jabs, insults included.

But I specially want to thank John Rigg for very helpful suggestions in
a gentlemanly fashion.

Thanks John.